Thursday 11 July 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William F Walsh and François Joux.
Das 6. Gebot, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1912 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- William F Walsh: American politician (d. 2011).
- François Joux: French film and theatre actor.
- Robert Rocca: French singer, actor and comedian, who performed in cabarets, on radio and on television.
- Francoois Joux: France Actor.
- Paul Bonnel: Bourges Military man.
- Maurice Perdrizet: Crest Military man
- Sergiu Celibidache: Romanian conductor and composer (d. 1996)
- William Walsh: American captain and politician 48th Mayor of Syracuse (d. 2011)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lingering Love - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Ragging the Baby to Sleep - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?