Thursday 11 July 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Das 6. Gebot, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1912 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- François Joux: French film and theatre actor.
- Robert Rocca: French singer, actor and comedian, who performed in cabarets, on radio and on television.
- Sergiu Celibidache: Romanian conductor and composer (d. 1996).
- William Walsh: American captain and politician 48th Mayor of Syracuse (d. 2011).
- William F Walsh: American politician (d. 2011).
- Francoois Joux: France Actor
- Paul Bonnel: Bourges Military man
- Maurice Perdrizet: Crest Military man
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lingering Love - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Ragging the Baby to Sleep - Al Jolson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?