Friday 12 July 1912
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Das 6. Gebot, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1912 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Broderick Vernon Chinnery-Haldane: Photographer.
- Rene Perrot: France Painter.
- Fred Urquhart: Scottish short story writer.
- 1st foreign feature film exhibited in US-Queen Elizabeth-NYC
- United States release of Sarah Bernhardt's film ''Les Amours de la reine Élisabeth'' is influential on the development of the movie feature. Adolf Zukor, who incorporates Paramount Pictures on May 8, 1914, launches his company as the distributor. Paramount celebrates its centennial in 2012.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ragging the Baby to Sleep - Al Jolson
- Lingering Love - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?