Wednesday 24 July 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Ménager and P Rao.
The Blind Man's Sacrifice, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1912 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Jacques Ménager: French Catholic clergyman, who was the 107th Archbishop of Rheims.
- P Rao: Indian documentary filmmaker, art history book writer, art critic and former journalist for The Times of India.
- Wadje Vissers: Belgium sport Champion.
- Essie Summers: New Zealand author (d. 1998).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Please Don't Take My Lovin' Man Away - Elsie Baker
- The Lost Chord - Enrico Caruso
- Whispering Hope - Alma Gluck & Louise Homer
- Al Jolson - Snap Your Fingers
- The Last Shot Got Him (The Great Bloo-ie Song) - Eddie Morton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?