Sunday 14 July 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Das 6. Gebot, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1912 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Marc De Joybert: French naval officer, who participated in the Second World War before being promoted to Admiral and appointed Chief of Staff of the Navy in 1972.
- Woody Guthrie: American singer-songwriter and musician whose musical legacy includes hundreds of political, traditional and children's songs, ballads and improvised works.
- Yves Ezanno: Clamart Military man.
- de Joybert: Vienne Military man.
- Northrop Frye: Canadian philosopher and critic (d. 1991).
- Kenneth McArthur runs Olympic record marathon (2:36:54.8)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm Afraid, Pretty Maid, I'm Afraid - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Ragtime Cowboy Joe - Bob Roberts
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?