Tuesday 20 July 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Arlaukas and Anthony Shriver.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
Kwaidan, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1965 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Joe Arlaukas: American athlete, played pro basketball for one season, 1987-88.
- Anthony Shriver: American noted family, the son of Sargent and Eunice Kennedy Shriver.
- Marc Trévidic: French magistrate, he has been in charge of the "Monks of Tibhirine Affair".
- Jess Walter: American journalist and author.
- 18.18 (46.18 cm) of rainfall, Edgarton, Missouri (state 24-hr record)
- New York Yankee pitcher Mel Stottlemyre hits an inside-the-park grand slam
- Turkish prime minister Suat Hayri Urguplu returns from a visit to Moscow and announces the Soviet Union will provide aid to his country.
- 46.18 cm (18.18 inches) of rainfall, Edgarton, Missouri (state 24-hour record).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Ian Whitcomb - You Turn Me On (Turn On Song)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?