Monday 12 April 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Story of the Fox, directed by Irene Starewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 12 April 2010 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 April
- Palito: Filipino comedian (Born 1934).
- Sudan's landmark elections are extended by two days after delays delivering ballot papers. (Al Jazeera)
- The centre-right Hungarian Civic Union (Fidesz) wins all 119 individual seats in the first round of Hungary's parliamentary elections. Their total of 206 seats gives them an outright majority in the National Assembly, with 121 seats still in play in the second round on April 25.
- The left-wing Hungarian Socialist Party (MSZP) wins 28 regional seats, while the far-right Jobbik (Movement for a Better Hungary) wins 26 regional seats. The remaining five seats went to the green party Politics Can Be Different (LMP). (BBC)
- 2010 Holywood car bombing:
- A car bomb explodes shortly after midnight near Northern Ireland's MI5 headquarters in Holywood, County Down, blowing an elderly man off his feet and sending him to hospital. (Xinhua)
- The Real IRA issues a telephone call to the BBC to claim responsibility. (RTÉ)
- Northern Ireland appoints its first justice minister in 38 years. (BBC)
- Aftermath of 2010 Polish Air Force Tu-154 crash:
- Polish President Lech Kaczyński lies in state in Warsaw as Russia marks a day of mourning and Poland appoints an acting head of the central bank to replace the one killed in Saturday's air disaster near Smolensk. (RTÉ)
- His funeral and burial and that of his wife who died with him are to take place on Saturday. (CNN)
- Poland's acting President is to review travel rules for military officials after the late President and all his army generals die in one plane crash. (BBC)
- Western experts mull the causes of the plane crash. (RIA Novosti)
- Nine people are thought to have been killed and 30 others are injured, some seriously, after a landslide caused a train to derail in Merano, near the Austrian border with Italy. (Al Jazeera)
- The United States opens fire on a bus in Afghanistan, knocking the driver unconscious, killing as many as five civilians, including a woman, and wounding at least 18 other passengers. (Al Jazeera)
- Nuclear Security Summit
- U.S. President Barack Obama opens the summit of 47 countries, the purpose of which is to discuss nuclear security, in particular how to keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of potential terrorists. (''CCTV'')
- Ukraine announces it will dispose of its enriched uranium supply. (''CNN'')
- A proposed nuclear fuel bank is discussed at the summit.
- The Labour party launches its manifesto, which states that it will halve the budget deficit within four years through a mixture of spending restraint and tax increases, mainly for the higher paid, that failing police forces will be taken over by successful ones, that every primary-school child who needs it will get one-to-one tuition and that there will be no switch to the euro without a referendum.
- SNP leader Alex Salmond urges the Scots to vote for an ampquotalternative vision of the futureampquot as he launched the party's election campaign. The Scottish first minister attacks Labour and the Tories for cuts which he said posed a danger to public services.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?