Saturday 12 August 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Allison Cook and Del "The Funkee Homosapian".
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
Every Thing You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Midnight Special.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1972 ?
- Allison Cook: Australian basketballl player (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Del "The Funkee Homosapian": Rapper.
- John Jones: WLAF guard (Rhein Fire).
- Takanohana Koji: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 65th Yokozuna.
- Del tha Funkee Homosapien: American hip hop artist.
- Takanohana : Japanese sumo wrestler, the younger of two brothers who both became champions. He has the Yokozuna rank, one grade more than his brother Takanohana, who is Ozeki rank. Called the Waka-Taka brothers, they were raised in full sumo environment as their dad was a former tournament champion who had gained the rank of Ozeki. They wrestle out of their dad's stable and address him as Oyakata (boss, chief). Their uncle is also a wrestler with the rank of Yokozuna.
- Demir Demirkan: Turkish singer-songwriter and producer
- Mark Kinsella: Irish footballer and manager
- Takanohana Kōji: Japanese sumo wrestler the 65th Yokozuna
- Gyanendra Pandey: Indian cricketer
- Del the Funky Homosapien: American rapper and producer (Hieroglyphics Deltron 3030 and Gorillaz)
- Funny Thing Happened... closes at Lunt-Fontanne NYC after 156 performances
- Oh! Calcutta! closes at Belasco Theater NYC after 1316 performances
- Last American combat ground troops leave Vietnam.
- The last U.S. ground troops are withdrawn from Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Mouth and MacNeal - How Do You Do?
- Alice Cooper - School's Out
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?