Thursday 17 August 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ernie Conwell and Ken Ryker.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
And Now for Something Completely Different, directed by Ian MacNaughton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Midnight Special.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1972 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Ernie Conwell: Tight end (St. Louis Rams).
- Ken Ryker: American pornographic actor.
- Chiquinquira Delgado: TV Show Host.
- Habibul Bashar: Bangladeshi cricketer.
- Phillies Steve Carlton wins his 15th straight game
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Argent - Hold Your Head Up
- Nilsson - Coconut
- Carpenters - Goodbye To Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?