Sunday 12 August 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Sparkle, directed by Salim Akil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Go Public: A Documentary Film Project.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Angry Birds Space or ARC Squadron.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 2012!
Which were the important events of 12 August 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 August
- Syrian civil war:
- The meeting of the Arab Foreign ministers in Jeddah to tackle Syria conflict is postponed. (BBC)
- Syrian opposition reports that ten men are killed by pro-regime forces in Homs. (CNN)
- Mexican Drug War:
- Edgar Morales Pérez, the mayor-elect of Matehuala, San Luis Potosí, is shot to death by gunmen while riding his vehicle. (''The Huffington Post'')
- The state police commander of the Mexican state of Chihuahua is gunned down and killed in Ciudad Juárez. (KTSM Channel 9)
- Egyptian forces kill six suspected militants in a village near the city of el-Arīsh in northern Sinai. (BBC)
- Billy Graham, who had recently suffered from pneumonia in November 2011, is hospitalized again, likely for several days, at Mission Hospital in Asheville, North Carolina, due to bronchitis, and is being treated with antibiotics. (NBC News)
- Qatar is to deposit US$2bn at the Egyptian Central Bank in an effort to help support an economy battered by a year and a half of political turmoil, an Egyptian presidency statement reports. (Al Jazeera)
- Egyptian President Mohammed Mursi fires Mohamad Hussein Tantawi, head of the country's armed forces. (Al Jazeera)
- 2012 Summer Olympics:
- Stephen Kiprotich of Uganda wins the Olympic men's marathon in London, beating the Kenyan pairing of Abel Kirui and Wilson Kipsang. (BBC Sport)
- Golfer Rory McIlroy wins the 2012 US PGA Championship at Kiawah Island. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?