Monday 21 August 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) by Looking Glass.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
Blacula, directed by William Crain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1972 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
Famous Birthdays:21 August
- 1st hot air balloon flight over Alps
- British harbor strike ends
- Grace Slick maced by police when a band official called cops, pigs
- Republican Convention opens in Miami Beach
- US orbiting astronomy observatory Copernicus launched.
- The Republican National Convention in Miami Beach, Florida renominates U.S. President Richard Nixon and Vice President Spiro Agnew for a second term.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Argent - Hold Your Head Up
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Carpenters - Goodbye To Love
- Nilsson - Coconut
- Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?