Monday 28 August 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1972 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Ravindu Shah: Kenyan cricketer.
- Jay Witasick: American baseball player and coach.
- Franck Boidin: French fencing master, the winner of a Bronze Medal in foils at the Atlanta Olympics 7/22/1996.
- Darby Hendrickson: Richfield, Minnesota -- US hockey forward (1994 Olympics).
- Mike Cawley: CFL quarterback (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- William HAF: Engl prince / grandson of George V, dies in accident at 29.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Argent - Hold Your Head Up
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Carpenters - Goodbye To Love
- Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?