Sunday 12 December 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Raise Your Glass by P!nk.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 12 December 2010 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 December
- A suicide bomber in the Iraqi city of Ramadi in western Anbar province kills several people. (Al Jazeera)
- A large storm hits the Eastern Mediterranean region, resulting in deaths in several countries. (BBC)
- A heavy blizzard in the midwestern US states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois and Michigan results in two deaths, road closures, flight cancellations and the inflatable roof of the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome in Minneapolis, Minnesota, collapsing. (AP via ''Courier-Journal'')
- Newly released cables from Australian intelligence show the intelligence assessment that charges of sodomy laid against Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim are due to a ampquotset up jobampquot that he ampquotwalked intoampquot. Others refer to Malaysia as a ampquotconfused and dangerousampquot state, Thai politicians as corrupt and Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn as ampquotvery erratic and easily subject to influenceampquot, and Japan as a ampquotbig fat loserampquot. (''The Sydney
- Julian Assange's lawyer says American spying charges against her client are ampquotimminentampquot despite seeming to have committed no crime in the country. She also reports that he is detained in solitary confinement with restricted access to lawyers. (''The Times of India'')
- Incumbent Ivory Coast President Laurent Gbagbo accuses foreign envoys of seeking to turn the military against him. (AFP)
- Hundreds of people participate in two separate rallies in Moscow, Russia, calling for the resignation of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin and protesting constitutional abuses, and the second demanding greater rights for ethnic Russians. (RIA Novosti)
- A parliamentary election takes place in Kosovo, with exit polls indicating that Prime Minister Hashim Thaçi has won the vote. (Reuters)
- One person is killed in clashes between demonstrating garment workers demanding higher pay, and police in Bangladesh. (BD News 24)
- Keith Brown is appointed as Scottish Transport Minister following yesterday's resignation of Stewart Stevenson. (BBC)
- Thousands of people protest in Cairo over the outcome of the recent Egyptian parliamentary elections. (ABC News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?