Friday 10 December 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Raise Your Glass by P!nk.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome Back, Brotter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Breed 3: Descent or Dark Void.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 10 December 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 December
- Somali pirates hijack a Liberian ship 80 nautical miles east of the border between Tanzania and Mozambique, in their most southerly attack yet. (CNN)
- At least 15 people are killed and several dozen others sustain wounds during a suicide attack at a Shia hospital in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. (Al Jazeera)
- Thai soldiers killed people at a Buddhist temple in Bangkok during demonstrations in May, leaked government documents demonstrate. (''The Guardian'')
- 2010 UK student protests:
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron criticises the ampquotmobampquot which launched an attack upon the car of Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall as the couple were driven down Regent Street towards a Royal Variety performance in London last night. Protesters indicate the use of police brutality. (CNN)
- 20-year-old Alfie Meadows undergoes brain surgery after being beaten by a policeman wielding a truncheon while leaving an area outside Westminster Abbey as a demonstration against an increase in student fees was underway. (''Daily Mail'')
- A British mother questions why anti-terrorist officers removed her 12-year-old son from school to warn him against his own planned protest outside David Cameron's constituency office. (''The Guardian'')
- An English exam questioning Indian crackdown on demonstrations in the disputed region of Kashmir leads to police arresting a college lecturer. (AP via ''The Guardian'')
- An auction of Picasso paintings is postponed in Paris. (BBC)
- Traces of cocaine ampquotlikelyampquot triggered the death of Gerry Ryan in April. (''The Irish Times'')
- The United States ampquotloses trackampquot of 119,000 private planes, with uncertainty over who has access to them. (CNN)
- A new archive of the genocide in Rwanda is unveiled in the capital Kigali. (BBC)
- A group of 26 ex-EU leaders has urged the union to impose sanctions on Israel for continuing to build settlements on occupied Palestinian territory. (''The Guardian'')
- A ceremony is held in Norway to award the Nobel Peace Prize to Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo ''in absentia''. (BBC)
- United States diplomatic cables leak: (Day 12 summary: ''The Guardian'')
- Newly released cables show American pharmaceutical company Pfizer hired investigators in a search for evidence of corruption allegedly committed by Michael Aondoakaa, then attorney-general of Nigeria. This occurred as Aondoakaa was engaged in legal action against Pfizer over a drug trial. (Al Jazeera)
- It is reported that the U.S. military has issued a ampquotCyber Control Orderampquot instructing its airmen to ampquotimmediately cease use of removable media on all systems, servers, and stand alone machines residing on SIPRNETampquot. (CBS News)
- The U.S. state of Virginia is reported to be Googling ampquotWikiLeaksampquot more than any part of the country. (''The Huffington Post'')
- Attacks against companies opposed to WikiLeaks:
- For the first time since World War II, German troops are stationed in France. (Yahoo! News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?