Friday 17 December 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome Back, Brotter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arcania: Gothic 4 or DogFighter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 17 December 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 December
- US Mint Director Edmund Moy submits his resignation, effective January 9, to accept a job in the private sector.
- Mohamed Bouazizi set himself on fire.This act became the catalyst for the Tunisian Revolution. The success of the Tunisian protests sparked protests in several other Arab countries.
- Maoist rebels abduct seven villagers in the Purulia district of India's West Bengal state. (NDTV)
- American missile attacks kill 57 suspected militants in a region in northwest Pakistan. (CNN)
- Suncor and Total SA sign a deal to develop in the Alberta tar sands for bitumen extraction, while a procedure to clean up tailings ponds by multiple companies is approved by an energy watchdog. (''Calgary Herald'')
- The death toll from the Christmas Island wreck rises to 30 with many still missing. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Further disruption is caused by blizzards and widespread ice in many parts of the United Kingdom, with more wintry weather forecast for the weekend. (BBC)
- Cuba is hit by a cold wave, and some locations register 50-year record low temperatures. (''Radio Cadena Agramonte'')
- Bolivia recognizes the State of Palestine. (Ynetnews)
- The United Kingdom government announces plans to make prisoners serving less than four years eligible to vote. (BBC)
- The Cook Islands announces the country's first ever HIV infection. (ABC Radio Australia)
- China launches 7th Beidou navigation satellite. (Kunming via Xinhua)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?