Sunday 12 July 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Judi Adams and Jordi Boixaderas.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Dream Lover by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
North by Northwest, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Oh Boy!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1959!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1959 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Judi Adams: Phoenix, Arizona -- Archer (Olympics - 1980, 96).
- Jordi Boixaderas: Spanish voice actor, working in film, television and theatre.
- Rolonda Watts: American talk-show host with her own show, "Rolanda" making its debut in January 1995.
- Rolanda Watts: TV Show Host.
- Charlie Murphy: American actor and writer.
- David Brown: Australian meteorologist
- Nagisa Katahira: Japanese actress
- Karl Friston: English psychiatrist and neuroscientist
- NBC uses cameras to show catchers signals during ankee-Red Sox game
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 July 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Frankie Avalon - Bobby Sox To Stockings
- Connie Francis - Frankie
- Fabian - Tiger
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?