Wednesday 15 July 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lonely Boy by Paul Anka.
In UK Dream Lover by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
Plan 9 from Outer Space, directed by Edward D. Wood Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1959!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1959 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Patrick Timsit: French comedian, writer and film director.
- Vincent Lindon: French film actor.
- Shep Pettibone: American record producer.
- The steel strike of 1959 begins, leading to significant importation of foreign steel for the first time in United States history.
- A strike occurs against the United States' steel industry.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- Fabian - Tiger
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Frankie Avalon - A Boy Without A Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?