Wednesday 29 July 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lonely Boy by Paul Anka.
In UK Dream Lover by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Tingler, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1959!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1959 ?
- Sanjay Dutt: Indian film actor and producer known for his work in Hindi cinema.
- Brian James Claar: Santa Monica, California -- PGA golfer (1991 AT&T-2nd).
- Gary Springer in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Bernice Bobs Her Hair).
- Nelli Kim: USSR -- Gymnist (1976 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Ruud Janssen: Dutch writer and Fluxus and mail artist.
- Dave LaPoint: American baseball player and manager
- John Sykes: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Thin Lizzy Whitesnake Tygers of Pan Tang and Blue Murder)
- First United States Congress elections in Hawaii as a state of the Union.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Fabian - Tiger
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Duane Eddy - Forty Miles Of Bad Road
- Lloyd Price - Personality
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?