Sunday 26 July 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kevin Spacey and Rick Bragg.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lonely Boy by Paul Anka.
In UK Dream Lover by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Tingler, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Oh Boy!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1959!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1959 ?
- Kevin Spacey: American actor, winner of the Oscar as best actor on 26 March 2000.
- Rick Bragg: American author and journalist.
- Tom McGowan: American actor.
- Michael Ross: American serial killer (Born 1959).
- Manuel Altolaguirre: Spanish Poet / publisher (Amor), dies at 54.
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Western Golf Open
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 July 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Fabian - Tiger
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?