Saturday 12 July 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include J D Hayworth and Tonya Lee Williams.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1958 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- J D Hayworth: Congressman from Arizona.
- Tonya Lee Williams: Canadian actress.
- Olivier Krumbholz: French handball coach, and head coach for the France women's national handball team.
- J Hayworth: American radio host and politician.
- Tonya Williams: English-Canadian actress and producer.
- Henri Cornelis becomes Governor-General of the Belgian Congo. He was the last Belgian governor of the Congo prior to independence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?