Thursday 12 March 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Front Page, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1931 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Robert Oakley: American diplomat whose 34-year career (1957–1991) as a Foreign Service Officer included appointments as United States Ambassador to Zaire, Somalia, and Pakistan and, in the early 1990s, as a special envoy during the American involvement in Somalia.
- Geoffrey de: Bellaigue; director (Royal Collection).
- Herb Kelleher: American businessman co-founded Southwest Airlines.
- Billie Thomas: American actor (d. 1980).
- Michel Clavel: French boxer, 1953-1958.
- Knut Bohwim: Norwegian actor, executive producer, and director. He is best known for directing most of the Olsenbanden movies, which were panned by the critics but loved by the public, thus becoming the largest commercial success in Norwegian film history.
- Henry's : French acrobat, tight-rope walker and jongleur. He is famous for having spent 185 days on a tight rope of 120 m length at a height of 25 m, installed above a supermarket in St. Etienne, between 28 March and 29 September 1973.
- William "Buckwheat" Thomas: Actor (Little Rascals)
- Billie ''Buckwheat'' Thomas: American actor (d. 1980)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1931?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?