Monday 2 March 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Duane E Graveline and Tom Wolfe in Richmond.
Dishonored, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1931!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1931 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Duane E Graveline: Newport, Vermont -- Astronaut.
- Tom Wolfe in Richmond: Virginia, USA; journalist/author (Right Stuff).
- Mikhail Gorbachev: Russian politician who succeeded Konstantin Chernenko as General Secretary of the Communist Party on 11 March 1985.
- Guy Husson: French track and field athlete known primarily for the hammer throw.
- Carl Quinn: American administrator and CEO in charge of Arkla Exploration, an oil drilling company that has successfully placed 29 out of 37 new wells drilled.
- Tom Wolfe: American journalist and author
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 March 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?