Tuesday 12 March 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Blue Camellia by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1957 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Marlon Jackson: American singer and musician (The Jackson 5).
- Jerry Levine: American actor and director.
- Marlon D Jackson in Gary: Indiana, USA; singer (Jackson 5 - "Maybe Tomorrow").
- Patrick Battiston: French football player, he belonged successively to the clubs of Metz, Saint-Etienne, Monaco, and Bordeaux.
- Jerry Levine in New Brunswick: New Jersey, USA; actor (Born on 4th of July).
- Frédéric Péchenard: French police officer and high civil servant with the Ministry of the Interior. He has served as head of the Police Judicaire from 2006 to 2007, and as General Director of the French National Police from 11 June 2007 to May 2012.
- Josephine Hull: American actress and director (d. 1957).
- German DR accepts 22 Russian divisions
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 March 1957 and get them!