Tuesday 26 March 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leeza Gibbons in Hartsville and Walter Rohlfing in Dusseldorf.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Spike Jones Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1957 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Leeza Gibbons in Hartsville: South Carolina, USA; TV host (Entertainment Tonight, Leeza).
- Walter Rohlfing in Dusseldorf: Germany; WLAF defensive line coach (Rhein Fire).
- Jody Adams: American celebrity chef and cookbook author.
- Fiona Bruce: Scottish lawyer and politician.
- Leeza Gibbons: American talk show host.
- Paul Morley: English journalist producer and author
- Edouard Herriot: French politician (Born 1872).
- 22-year-old Elvis Presley buys Graceland on 3734 Bellevue Boulevard (Highway 51 South) for $US100,000. He and his family move from the house on 1034 Audubon Drive.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?