Tuesday 26 March 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1957 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Leeza Gibbons in Hartsville: South Carolina, USA; TV host (Entertainment Tonight, Leeza).
- Walter Rohlfing in Dusseldorf: Germany; WLAF defensive line coach (Rhein Fire).
- Fiona Bruce: Scottish lawyer and politician.
- Leeza Gibbons: American talk show host.
- Paul Morley: English journalist producer and author.
- Jody Adams: American celebrity chef and cookbook author. The daughter of librarians, Adams attributes her fondness for food and cooking to her mother. During her time at Brown University, from which she graduated in 1980, she became interested in food as a profession when she had a part-time job working with Nancy Verde Barr, a professional food writer and teacher. " After a while, I learned I was much happier in Nancy's kitchen learning French and Italian cooking techniques than I was in anthropology class
- Edouard Herriot: French politician (Born 1872).
- 22-year-old Elvis Presley buys Graceland on 3734 Bellevue Boulevard (Highway 51 South) for $US100,000. He and his family move from the house on 1034 Audubon Drive.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?