Saturday 13 May 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John "Jocko" Marcellino and Stevie Wonder [Steveland Morris] in Saginaw.
Caged, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1950!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1950 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- John "Jocko" Marcellino: Rocker / actor (Tagget, Hot to Trot, Rain Man).
- Stevie Wonder [Steveland Morris] in Saginaw: Michigan, USA; singer/songwriter ("I Just Called To Say I Love You", "Superstition", "You are The Sunshine of My Life", "My Cherie Amour").
- Patrick Giani: French astrologer and writer, specializing in psychological and Karmic astrology.
- William Grant: American executive and CEO of BMA, a producer of test laboratories for health and life insurance companies.
- Stevie Wonder: American musician, a singer and performer who has been given many awards, not only for his talent but for doing benefit concerts and philanthropic contributions, as well as his inspirational quality of character.
- Danny Kirwan: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Fleetwood Mac)
- Manning Marable: American author and academic (d. 2011)
- Bobby Valentine: American baseball player and manager
- The first round of the Formula One World Championship is held at Silverstone.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 May 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?