Saturday 13 May 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Caged, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1950!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1950 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- William Grant: American executive and CEO of BMA, a producer of test laboratories for health and life insurance companies.
- Patrick Giani: French astrologer and writer, specializing in psychological and Karmic astrology.
- Stevie Wonder: American musician, a singer and performer who has been given many awards, not only for his talent but for doing benefit concerts and philanthropic contributions, as well as his inspirational quality of character.
- Danny Kirwan: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Fleetwood Mac).
- Manning Marable: American author and academic (d. 2011).
- Bobby Valentine: American baseball player and manager
- Stevie Wonder [Steveland Morris] in Saginaw: Michigan, USA; singer/songwriter ("I Just Called To Say I Love You", "Superstition", "You are The Sunshine of My Life", "My Cherie Amour").
- John "Jocko" Marcellino: Rocker / actor (Tagget, Hot to Trot, Rain Man)
- The first round of the Formula One World Championship is held at Silverstone.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?