Wednesday 3 May 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Martin and Mary Hopkin.
D.O.A., directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1950 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- William Martin: American novelist, the author of epics such as "Back Bay" (1980) and "Harvard Yard," biographical novels like "Citizen Washington, " (1991) , historical novels about national institutions like Annapolis, and screenplays.
- Mary Hopkin: Welsh singer-songwriter.
- Dag Arnesen: Norwegian pianist and composer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hoop-Dee-Doo - Perry Como & Fontane Sisters
- Bewitched - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
- Mindy Carson - My Foolish Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?