Saturday 13 October 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Dunn and Chris Carter.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Around the World in Eighty Days, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les belles histoires des pays d'en haut.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1956 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Frank Dunn: American artist.
- Chris Carter: American creator and executive producer of the popular TV series "X-Files.
- Don Paige: American runner.
- Melvyn Tan: Singaporean-English pianist.
- Joseph Toal: Scottish religious figure.
- WAGM TV channel 8 in Presque Isle, ME (CBS / NBC / ABC) begins
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?