Sunday 13 October 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Alcoriza and Julio Valera.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Bullitt, directed by Peter Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Preserve And Protect by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pohádky z mechu a kapradí.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1968 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- David Alcoriza: Lodi, California -- Double trap (1996 Olympics).
- Julio Valera: San Sebastian, Puerto Rico -- Pitcher (KC Royals).
- Carlos Marin: Spanish baritone (Il Divo).
- Tisha Campbell-Martin: American actress and singer.
- Carlos Marín: Spanish singer and actor (Il Divo).
- Bea Benaderet: Actress (Petticoat Junction), dies of lung cancer at 62.
- Tinker Creek Gorge of Cleveland Metroparks is dedicated
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 October 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- The Vogues - My Special Angel
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- Clarence Carter - Slip Away
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?