Monday 13 September 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Zak Starsky and Jeffrey Ross.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Help! by The Beatles.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Les vampires, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Get Smart.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1965 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Zak Starsky: son of The Beatles' Ringo Starr; drummer.
- Jeffrey Ross: American Comedian.
- Zak Starkey: English rock drummer well known for his unofficial membership of the English rock band The Who, with whom he has performed and recorded since 1994.
- Jeff Ross: Comedian.
- Annie Duke: American poker player and author.
- Jean B Fletcher: American architect (Born 1915).
- Beatles release Yesterday
- Beatles win 1st Grammy, for Best Group of 1964
- The Congress of Arab Countries begins in Casablanca Habib Bourguiba of Tunisia boycotts the meeting.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 September 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Help!
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- The Turtles - It Ain't Me Babe
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- The Yardbirds - Heart Full Of Soul
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?