Tuesday 3 April 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Ferguson and Jim Campbell in Worchester.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia by Vicki Lawrence.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
Devil in Miss Jones, directed by Gerard Damiano, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lemmi und die Schmöker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1973!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1973 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Matthew Ferguson: Canadian actor.
- Jim Campbell in Worchester: Massachusetts, USA; US hockey forward (Olympics-1994).
- Greg DeLong: NFL tight end (Minnesota Vikings).
- Kelly Lochbaum: Canadian Football League linebacker (British Columbia Lions).
- Jamie Bamber: English actor.
- Cédric Séguin: French fencer, who won a silver medal in the team sabre event at the 2000 Summer Olympics.
- Prabhu Deva: Movie Actor
- Kelly Price: Soul Singer
- Adam Scott: TV Actor
- Martin Cooper of Motorola made the first handheld mobile phone call to Joel S. Engel of Bell Labs, though it took ten years for the DynaTAC 8000X to become the first such phone to be commercially released.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 April 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Carpenters - Sing
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- War - The Cisco Kid
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?