Tuesday 14 August 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nancy Sweetnam and Wayne Chrebet.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Touch Me In The Morning by Diana Ross.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Enter the Dragon, directed by Robert Clouse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1973 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Nancy Sweetnam: Lindsay, Ontario -- 400m swimmer (1992, 96 Olympics - 7th Place).
- Wayne Chrebet: NFL wide receiver (NY Jets).
- Kieren Perkins: Australian swimmer.
- Daisuke Ishiwatari: Japanese game developer and composer.
- Romane Bohringer: French actress, film director, screenwriter and costume designer.
- Mike Mamula: American football player, a line backer and defensive end for the Philadelphia Eagles. Mamula was signed by the Eagles on 7/19/1995 after the completion of his junior year of football at Boston College; he was the seventh overall draft pick. A superior player in school, he helped lead Boston College to two bowl appearances, including the Aloha Bowl, where he won MVP honors.
- Jay-Jay Okocha: Nigerian footballer
- Paddy McGuinness: Comedian
- Jared Borgetti: Mexican footballer
- US ends secret bombing of Cambodia
- US bombs Cambodia.
- Johnny Unitas files US$725,000 suit against Baltimore Colts.
- The constitution of 1973 comes into effect in Pakistan
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
- Chicago - Feelin' Stronger Every Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?