Wednesday 8 August 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Morning After by Maureen McGovern.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
White Lightning, directed by Joseph Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1973 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Toby Allen: Australian singer (Human Nature).
- Laurent Sciarra: French basketball player, who began his professional career in 1990 with Hyères-Toulon Var Basket and moved to Paris Basket Racing in 1993, where he played until 1997 on the club's championship season.
- Scott Stapp: American singer (Creed).
- Shane Lee: Australian cricketer and guitarist (Six & Out).
- Senta Moses: American actress.
- VP Spiro T Agnew says reports he took kickbacks are damned lies from government contracts in Maryland. He vowed not to resign (Right!)
- US Vice President Spiro T Agnew brands as "damned lies" reports he took kickbacks from government contracts in Maryland. He vows not to resign.
- U.S. Vice President Spiro Agnew appears on television to denounce accusations he had taken kickbacks while governor of Maryland.
- Kim Dae-Jung, a South Korean politician and later president of South Korea, is kidnapped.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
- Bobby 'Boris' Pickett - Monster Mash
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?