Sunday 26 August 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Brother Louie by Stories.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant, directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1973 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Richard Evatt: English boxer (d. 2012).
- Jeannette Bougrab: French lawyer and politician, her father was a Berberian Muslim Algerian (also called "Harki").
- Barret Robbins: NFL center (Oakland Raiders).
- 10-year-old Mary Boitano is 1st woman to win 6.8-mile Dipsea Race in Marin County, CA, beating a field of 1,500 runners
- David Eisenhower writes his last sports column
- Sandra Palmer wins LPGA National Jewish Hospital Golf Open
- University of Texas (Arlington) is first accredited school to offer belly dancing.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?