Monday 6 August 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Sheldon and Robert Lee.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Morning After by Maureen McGovern.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
White Lightning, directed by Joseph Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1973 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Mike Sheldon: WLAF Guard (Rhein Fire).
- Robert Lee: NFL cornerback (Atlanta Falcons).
- Karenna Gore Schiff: American author and political figure.
- Vera Farmiga: American actress.
- Monica Goodling: American George W. Bush Administration appointee.
- Max Kellerman: American sportscaster and radio host
- Donna Lewis: Welsh singer-songwriter pianist and producer
- Iain Morris: English screenwriter and producer
- Stuart O'Grady: Australian cyclist
- Karenna Schiff: American lawyer journalist and author
- Roberto Clemente and Warren Spahn inducted into Hall of Fame
- Stevie Wonder involved in car crash, goes into a 4 day coma
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
- Bobby 'Boris' Pickett - Monster Mash
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?