Thursday 16 August 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Damian Jackson .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Touch Me In The Morning by Diana Ross.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Enter the Dragon, directed by Robert Clouse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1973 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Damian Jackson: American baseball player.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
- Chicago - Feelin' Stronger Every Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?