Monday 14 June 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include F James Sensenbrenner and Muff [Mervyn] Winwood.
Spitfire, directed by Leslie Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1943 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- F James Sensenbrenner: (Rep-R-Wisconsin).
- Muff [Mervyn] Winwood: Singer (Spencer Davis Group-Gimme Some Lovin).
- W J [Billy] Tauzin: (Rep-D-Louisiana, 1980- ).
- Jacques Polge: French chemist and son of a chemist, the manager of Chanel perfumes laboratory since 1978.
- Barry Burman: English painter and academic (d. 2001).
- Jennifer Gretton: Baroness Gretton English politician Lord Lieutenant of Leicestershire
- John Miles: English race car driver and journalist
- Spooner Oldham: American organist and songwriter
- Harold Wheeler: American composer conductor and producer
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 June 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?