Tuesday 14 October 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Joiner in Many and Mary Greer.
Nightmare Alley, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Kukla, Fran and Ollie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1947 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Charlie Joiner in Many: Louisiana, USA; NFL receiver (Houston Texans, Cincinnati Bengals, San Diego Chargers).
- Mary Greer: American writer, a teacher and author on tarot and metaphysics.
- Norman Harris: American guitarist songwriter and producer (MFSB) (d. 1987).
- Nikolai Volkoff: Croatian-American wrestler.
- Dutch Queen Wilhelmina gives golden award to general Eisenhower
- Captain Chuck Yeager of the U.S. Air Force flies a Bell X-1 rocket-powered experimental aircraft, the Glamorous Glennis, faster than the speed of sound - over the high desert of Southern California - and becomes the first pilot and the first airplane to do so in level flight.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?