Wednesday 15 July 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cathy Larmouth Torrance California and Franklyn Seales.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Band Wagon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Quatermass Experiment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1953 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Cathy Larmouth Torrance California: Playmate (Jun, 1981).
- Franklyn Seales: St. Vincent -- Actor (Dexter-Silver Spoons).
- John Denham: British politician.
- Jean-Michel Jacquemin: French writer, the co-author of ‘’Le Gang Du Cancer’ (The Cancer Gang),’ along with Jean Montaldo.
- Jean-Bertrand Aristide: Haitian priest and politician 49th President of Haiti.
- Geevarghese Mar Ivanios: Indian Christian Bishop, founder of the Order of the Imitation of Christ (Born 1882).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?