Monday 15 June 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Dream Wife, directed by Sidney Sheldon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1953 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Lisa Marie: American high-fashion model and host of a TV, radio talk show.
- Vilma Bardauskienė: Lithuanian long jumper.
- Eje Elgh: Swedish race car driver and sportscaster.
- Raphael Wallfisch: English cellist and educator.
- Jinping Xi: High-ranking politician of the People's Republic of China.
- Rita Lee: Federic, Wisconsin -- Playmate (November, 1977)
- Browns end Yankees win streak at 18 and Browns 14-game losing streak
- Johnny Mize is 93rd player to get 2,000 hits
- New York City Transit Authority forms
- WLFI TV channel 18 in Lafayette, IN (CBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?