Tuesday 14 July 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Band Wagon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1953 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Bebe Buell: American model, mother of Liv Tyler and ex-girlfriend of Steven Tyler of Aerosmith.
- Martha Coakley: American lawyer and prosecutor, first female Attorney General for Massachusetts, elected in 2006.
- Dorothée : French singer, actress, and TV presenter, her career was launched by Jacqueline Joubert who called her "Dorothée", her stage name.
- Didier Marouani: French composer and musician.
- 1st National monument dedicated to a Negro - George Washington Carver
- 20th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 5-1 at Crosley Field, Cincinnati
- First American national monument dedicated to a Negro-George Washington Carver.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?