Tuesday 21 July 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Band Wagon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1953 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Linda Sexton: American writer and editor who has written of a period during her teen years in which she rejected the incestuous advances of her mother, famous poet Anne Sexton.
- Jeff Fatt: Chinese-Australian actor.
- Brian Talbot: English footballer and manager.
- Daniela Goggi: Italian actress, singer, TV presenter, showgirl, and voice actress.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?