Monday 15 October 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Desert Fox: The Story of Rommel, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1951 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Frank Dimino: Washington, DC -- Rock vocalist (Angel).
- Didier Chamizo: French contemporary painter, part of the Figuration Libre (Free figuration) movement of the 1980s.
- Alistair Hulett: Scottish acoustic folk singer and revolutionary socialist, best known as the singer of the folk punk band, Roaring Jack.
- Christian Saint-Étienne: French economist, academic, analyst and politician.
- Roscoe Tanner: American tennis player, ranked overall third in the U.S.
- Atoy Co: Filipino basketball player coach and actor
- Peter Richardson: English actor director and screenwriter
- Rafael Vaganian: Armenian chess grandmaster
- A van der Heijden: Dutch author
- I Love Lucy debuts on CBS TV
- Egyptian parliament accept denounces Suez Canal Treaty
- Mexican chemist Luis E. Miramontes conducts the very last step of the first synthesis of norethisterone, the progestin that would later be used in one of the first two oral contraceptives.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?