Sunday 14 October 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marcia Barrett and Kantaro .
The Desert Fox: The Story of Rommel, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Foreign Intrigue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1951 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Marcia Barrett: St. Catherines, Jamaica -- Rock vocalist (Boney M).
- Kantaro : Argentinean artist and astrologer who had an exhibition of astrological art at UAC, New Orleans, July 13-19, 1989.
- Aad van den Hoek: Dutch cyclist.
- Organization of Central American States forms
- Detroit Lions' Jack Christiansen returns two punts for touchdowns versus Los Angeles Rams.
- Norethindrone, the progestin used in the oral contraceptive is synthesized by Luis E. Miramontes.
- ''I Love Lucy'' makes its television debut on CBS.
- Judy Garland begins her legendary concerts in New York's Palace Theatre.
- Prime Minister Liaquat Ali Khan of Pakistan is assassinated.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?