Thursday 25 October 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Detective Story, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1951 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Richard Lloyd: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Television and Rocket from the Tombs).
- Ransom Wilson in Tuscaloosa: Alabama, USA; flutist (Soliste New York).
- Peace talks aimed at ending Korean War resumed in Panmunjom.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?