Friday 19 October 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Annie Golden and Pierre-Étienne Bisch.
Detective Story, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Foreign Intrigue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1951 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Annie Golden: Brooklyn, New York -- Actress (Forever Lulu, Hair).
- Pierre-Étienne Bisch: French government official, prefect of the Centre region and prefect of Loiret since 2012.
- Demetrios Christodoulou: Greek physicist, recipient of the Bocher Memorial Prize.
- President Harry S Truman formally ends state of war with Germany.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?