Friday 15 September 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Black & White by Three Dog Night.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1972 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Gianmarco Pozzecco: Italian basketball player, eccentric with "a very personal look.
- Amanda Lynn Granrud: Great Falls, Montana -- Miss America - Montana (1996).
- Jimmy Carr: English comedian.
- Kit Chan: Singaporean singer and actress.
- Letizia : Spanish divorcee who married Prince Felipe of Spain on May 22, 2004; she is Queen of Spain since 19 June 2014, when her husband became king.
- WMAO TV channel 23 in Greenwood, MS (PBS) begins broadcasting
- A Scandinavian Airlines System domestic flight from Gothenburg to Stockholm is hijacked and flown to Malmo-Bulltofta Airport.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- Elton John - Honky Cat
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 September 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?