Friday 15 October 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Angelia Savage and Bernardo Harris.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Women in Cages, directed by Gerry de Leon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vetenskapens Värld.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1971 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Angelia Savage: Miss USA-Florida (1997, top 6).
- Bernardo Harris: NFL linebacker (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Roland McGhee: Flint, Michigan -- Long jumper.
- Jason Arhndt: American wrestler.
- Shawn Andrews: American actor.
- Antonella Bevilacqua: Italian track and field athlete, a high jumper. Her 1996 Olympic results were disqualified after she tested positive for doping.
- Chad Mottola: American baseball player, right-handed outfielder. He played for the Cincinnati Reds in 1996, the Toronto Blue Jays in 2000 and 2006, the Florida Marlins in 2001 and the Baltimore Orioles in 2004.
- Joey Abs: American wrestler
- Andy Cole: English footballer and coach
- Lauri Pilter: Estonian author and translator
- The start of the 2500-year celebration of Iran, celebrating the birth of Persia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Carpenters - Superstar
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Stevie Wonder - If You Really Love Me
- Stampeders - Sweet City Woman
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?