Sunday 16 December 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
New York Luck, directed by Edward Sloman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Arthur Clarke: British science fiction writer, science writer, inventor, undersea explorer, and television series host.
- Sir Arthur C Clarke: English writer (d. 2008).
- Nabi Baloch: Pakistani author and scholar (d. 2011).
- Pete Cenarrusa: American soldier pilot and politician Secretary of State of Idaho (d. 2013).
- Ruth Colvin: American author and educator founded ProLiteracy Worldwide.
- Nabi Bux Khan Baloch: Sindhi scholar
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Beale Street Blues - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- Shannon Four - Break the News to Mother
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?