Tuesday 18 December 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Scarlet Car, directed by Joseph De Grasse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1917 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Georges Blin: Pertuis Writer.
- Paul Jeanblanc: Bruy?res Military man.
- Eddie Vinson: American jump blues, jazz, bebop and R&B alto saxophonist and blues shouter.
- Ossie Davis: Cogdell, Georgia -- Actor / playwright (Hot Stuff, Man Called Adam).
- Soviet regiment (Stalin / Lenin) declares Finland Independent
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Beale Street Blues - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- They Go Wild, Simply Wild, Over Me - Marion Harris
- Shannon Four - Break the News to Mother
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?