Saturday 22 December 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Scarlet Car, directed by Joseph De Grasse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Freddie Francis: English cinematographer and film director.
- Piet De: Somer Belgian rector (University of Leuven).
- Andrew Fielding Huxley London England: physiologist (Nobel Prize 1963).
- Gene Rayburn: American TV personality, host of the long-running and popular game show, "The Match Game" for which he garnered several Emmy nominations.
- Mother Cabrini: American Catholic saint (Born 1850).
- Francesca Saveria Cabrini US saint/patron of immigrant: dies at age 67.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They Go Wild, Simply Wild, Over Me - Marion Harris
- The Crucifix - John McCormack & Reinald Werrenrath
- Lohengrin, Act III Prelude - Boston Symphony Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 1917 and get them!