Saturday 22 December 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Piet De and Andrew Fielding Huxley London England.
The Scarlet Car, directed by Joseph De Grasse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Piet De: Somer Belgian rector (University of Leuven).
- Andrew Fielding Huxley London England: physiologist (Nobel Prize 1963).
- Freddie Francis: English cinematographer and film director.
- Gene Rayburn: American TV personality, host of the long-running and popular game show, "The Match Game" for which he garnered several Emmy nominations.
- Francesca Saveria Cabrini US saint/patron of immigrant: dies at age 67.
- Mother Cabrini: American Catholic saint (Born 1850).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Lohengrin, Act III Prelude - Boston Symphony Orchestra
- They Go Wild, Simply Wild, Over Me - Marion Harris
- The Crucifix - John McCormack & Reinald Werrenrath
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?