Wednesday 16 December 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Come See About Me by The Supremes.
In UK I Feel Fine by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me, Stupid, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1964!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1964 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- John Kirwan: New Zealander legendary All Black Rugby League Player.
- Todd Glass: American comedian and actor.
- Gail Harris: Dewsbury, England -- Actress (Virtual Desire).
- Billy Ripken: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Paul Vogt: American actor.
- Heike Drechsler: German track and field athlete. She is one of the most successful female long jumpers of all time and also had several successes in sprint disciplines. She is the only woman who has won two Olympic gold medals in the long jump (1992 and 2000). She also won two World Championships in the long jump (1983 for DRG and 1993 for FRG), as well as gold medals in the long jump and the 200 m sprint in the World Indoor Championships 1987. In addition, she had numerous successes in European and German champ
- Georgie Parker: Australian actress
- Evelyn Conley in San Francisco: California, USA; WPVA volleyball player (US Open-7th-1989).
- Georg Von Habsburg: Archduke of Austria by birth, as the second son, and seventh and youngest child of Otto von Habsburg, the last Crown Prince of Austria-Hungary, and Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen. He is referred to in Austria as Georg Habsburg-Lothringen, and in Hungary as Habsburg György. He became a prince of Hungary upon his mariage to Eilika Helene Jutta Clementine of Oldenburg (the older daughter of Duke Johann of Oldenburg and Countess Ilka of Ortenburg), on 18 October 1997 in Budapest. The couple has t
- Billy Ripken in Havre de Grace: Maryland, USA; second baseman (Baltimore Orioles, Texas Rangers).
- Heike Drechsler in Gera: German Democratic Republic; sprinter (1988 world record).
- US performs nuclear test in the Pacific Ocean.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Goin' Out Of My Head
- The Kinks - You Really Got Me
- The Beach Boys - Dance, Dance, Dance
- Gene Pitney - I'm Gonna Be Strong
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 December 1964 and get them!